Linguapax wants to join the commemoration of the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development with news of interest by people, groups and entities active in the defense and promotion of linguistic diversity: the call for the 2021 Linguapax International Award is open.
The Linguapax Award is a recognition of actions carried out in different fields in favour of the preservation of linguistic diversity, revitalization and reactivation of linguistic communities and the promotion of multilingualism. Its purpose is to identify, value and disseminate successful actions and good practices around the world that serve as a reference and example to all persons, entities and groups who wish to act for languages.
During the year 2020, the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic made it difficult to call the prize, which eventually had to be suspended. For this reason, this year we have decided to anticipate it, taking the opportunity of the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development, to highlight the importance of linguistic diversity for this issue.
Applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com from today to 6 July 2021, and must be in accordance with the rules below.
The winners of the 2021 Linguapax International Award will be revealed on 26 September 2021, on the occasion of the European Day of Languages.
We look forward to your proposals.
Let’s preserve linguistic diversity!
International Linguapax Award
2021 Terms of reference
- Linguapax International calls for nominations for the Linguapax International Award on a yearly basis to honour actions carried out in different fields in favour of the preservation of linguistic diversity, revitalization and reactivation of linguistic communities and the promotion of multilingualism.
- Individuals, entities or collectives of the academic community and civil society whose actions fit the descriptions of the aforementioned areas can be nominated as candidates. Persons linked with Linguapax structures or delegations are not eligible.
- When you apply, please include the following information:
– Person data of the applicant.
– Personal data and CV of the candidate. If the candidate is an organization, a short description of the project, its main goals and track record are also needed.
– Cover letter for the candidacy.
– Recommendation letters for the candidacy (a minimum of 2).
– Justification of the candidacy: accomplished projects or in progress, lines of research, participation and/or involvement in communities…
- Nominations must be sent to Linguapax by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 6 July 2021. Please mention “Linguapax International Award 2021″ in the mail subject or on the envelope.
- The nominations will be treated with full confidentiality.
- The jury of the Linguapax International Award is formed of the members of the Linguapax Board and international Advisory Board as well as the delegates of the Linguapax International Network.
- The decision of the jury will be unquestionable. Exceptionally, the jury might decide to award two candidates.
- The 2021 International Linguapax Award is endowed with 6000 €.
- The 2021 Linguapax Award winner will be proclaimed on 26 September 2021.