International Linguapax Award
The Linguapax Award is a recognition of actions carried out in different fields in favour of the preservation of linguistic diversity, revitalization and reactivation of linguistic communities and the promotion of multilingualism. Its purpose is to identify, value and disseminate successful actions and good practices around the world that serve as a reference and example to all persons, entities and groups who wish to act for languages.
2022 Terms of reference
- Linguapax International calls for nominations for the Linguapax International Award on a yearly basis to honour actions carried out in different fields in favour of the preservation of linguistic diversity, revitalization and reactivation of linguistic communities and the promotion of multilingualism.
- Individuals, organisations or groups of the academic community and civil society whose actions fit the descriptions of the aforementioned areas can be nominated as candidates. Persons linked with Linguapax structures or delegations are not eligible.
- When you apply, please include the following information:
– Personal data of the applicant.
– Personal data and CV of the candidate. If the candidate is an organization, a short description of the project, its main goals and track record are also needed.
– Cover letter for the candidacy.
– Recommendation letters for the candidacy (a minimum of 2).
– Justification of the candidacy: accomplished projects or in progress, lines of research, participation and/or involvement in communities…
- Nominations must be sent to Linguapax by email to email@example.com before 31 May 2022. Please mention “Linguapax International Award 2022″ in the mail subject.
- The nominations will be treated with full confidentiality.
- The jury of the Linguapax International Award is formed of the members of the Linguapax Board and international Advisory Board as well as the delegates of the Linguapax International Network.
- The decision of the jury will be unquestionable. Exceptionally, the jury might decide to award two candidates.
- The 2022 International Linguapax Award is endowed with 6000 €.
- The 2022 Linguapax Award winner will be proclaimed on 26 September 2022.
- 2021 Award, to IBT (Torwali region, Swat district, North Pakistan).
- 2020 Award, to Marja-Liisa Olthuis (Finland)
- 2019 Award, to Larry Kimura (Hawaii)
- 2018 Award, to BASAbali (Indonesia)
- 2017 Award, to Matthias Brenzinger (Germany, South-Africa)
- 2016 Award, to the Yambirrpa Schools/Djarrma Action Group of the Yolngu Community (Australia) and International and Heritage Languages Association (Canada)
- 2015 Award, to Xavier Albó (Bolivia)
- 2014 Award, to Valencian School (Valencia)
- 2013 Award, to Ledikasyon pu Travayer (Mauritius)
- 2012 Award, to Jon Landaburu Illarramendi (Colombia)
- 2011 Award, to Ganesh Devy (India) and Indigenous Centre for Intercultural Research of Tierradentro (Colombia)
- 2010 Award, to Miquel Siguan (Catalonia) and Robert Phillipson (UK)
- 2009 Award, to Katerina Te Heikoko Mataira (New Zealand)
- 2008 Award, toNeville Alexander (South Africa)
- 2007 Award, to Maya Khemlani David (Malaysia)
- 2006 Award, to Natividad Mutumbajoy (Colombia)
- 2005 Award, to Maurice Tadadjeu (Cameroon)
- 2004 Award, to Fernand de Varennes (Canada) and Joshua Fishman (USA)
- 2003 Award, to Aina Moll ( Balearic Islands) and Tove Skutnabb Kangas (Finland/Denmark)
- 2002 Award, to Bartomeu Melià (Paraguay) and Jerszy Smolicz (Australia/Poland)