After the recent delivery of the 2017 International Linguapax Award to Matthias Brenzinger we are pleased to announce that the call for candidates to the 2018 award is now open. Please check terms and conditions below and on our website and bear in mind that the deadline is January 21st, 2018.
Linguapax delivers a yearly award on the occasion of the International Mother Language Day (21 February). This prize is a tribute to outstanding action carried out in different areas in favour of the preservation of linguistic diversity, revitalization and reactivation of linguistic communities and the promotion of multilingualism.
2018 Terms of reference
- Linguapax International calls for nominations for the Linguapax International Award on a yearly basis to honour actions carried out in different fields in favour of the preservation of linguistic diversity, revitalization and reactivation of linguistic communities and the promotion of multilingualism.
- Individuals, entities or collectives of the academic community and civil society whose actions fit the descriptions of the aforementioned areas can be nominated as candidates. Persons linked with Linguapax structures or delegations are not eligible.
- Application files will include contact details of the nominee, a curriculum and a letter of motivation for the candidacy. Self-candidates must provide two letters of recommendation endorsing their merits. Additional documentation supporting the work described will be most appreciated, preferably in electronic format, including links to audio-visual media, publications, websites, press releases, etc.
- Nominations must be sent to Linguapax either by email to email@example.com or by certified mail to Linguapax International, C/ Pelai 12, 3-M, 08001 Barcelona (Spain) before January 21, 2018. Please mention “Linguapax International Award 2018″ in the mail subject or on the envelope.
- The nominations will be treated with full confidentiality.
- The jury of the Linguapax International Award is formed of the members of the Linguapax Board and international Advisory Board as well as the delegates of the Linguapax International Network.
- The decision of the jury will be unquestionable. Exceptionally, the jury might decide to award two candidates.
- The 2018 International Linguapax Award is endowed with 6000 €.
- The 2018 Linguapax Award winner will be proclaimed on February 21, 2018, coinciding with the 18th commemoration of the International Mother Language Day.