Linguapax International is a non-governmental organization dedicated to the protection and revitalization of world linguistic diversity and in favor of dialogue and peace
- We work for the harmony between linguistic communities as a driving force of intercultural dialogue and peace
- Promote multilingual education and multilingualism
- Cooperate internationally in favour of cultural and linguistic rights. Participate in language revitalisation programmes.
- Conduct research and promotes the study of political awareness and sociolinguistic ideologies in relation to linguistic diversity.
- Foster new forms and cultural practices arising from linguistic interactions. Work for the digital access of all languages.
- Promote the values of linguistic diversity through awareness campaigns and publications. Teach specialised training.
- Deliver the yearly International Linguapax Award as a tribute to the committment of individuals or collectives to the promotion of linguistic diversity and / or multilingual education.
- Work in cooperation with an international network of delegations in all continents, having its headquarters in Barcelona.
Values and objectives