International Conference “Role of linguistic diversity in building a global community with shared future: protection, access and promotion of language resources”
UNESCO, Ministry of Education, State Language Commission and National Commission to UNESCO of People’s Republic of China in collaboration with other partners are organising an International conference entitled “Role of linguistic diversity in building a global community with shared future: protection, access and promotion of language resources”.
The purpose of this event, which will take place from 19 to 21 September 2018 in Changsha (Hunan) People’s Republic of China, is to discuss the broad areas of language-related issues, with special attention to the language protection, access to language resources and promotion of emerging initiatives in Asia-Pacific region as well as to contribute to the organization of the 2019 International Year of Indigenous Languages and further development of UNESCO’s World Atlas of Languages.
The event will consist of three thematic discussion areas:
- Policies and Measures on Language and Cultural Diversity
- Standards and Talent Cultivation for Language Resource Preservation
- Development, Application, and Promotion of Language Resources.
The director of Linguapax, Alícia Fuentes-Calle will take part in the conference with an address on “Reframing the Contemporary Challenges in the Support and Promotion of Linguistic diversity”.
Further information on the conference:
- UNESCO: https://en.unesco.org/events/international-conference-role-linguistic-diversity-building-global-community-shared-future
- IY2019: https://en.iyil2019.org/events/role-of-linguistic-diversity-in-building-a-global-community-with-shared-future-protection-access-and-promotion-of-language-resources/
- CHANGSA GOVERNMENT: http://en.changsha.gov.cn/Culture/culturalnews/201808/t20180817_2419770.html